Wahl Bravura Pet Clipper Review
Price - 8.5
Performance - 10
Design - 7.5
Battery Life - 10
The Bravura Clipper is the best rated overall among home users and professional dog groomers.
- Very Light
- Low Vibration
- Stays cool, doesn’t run too hot.
- Very Quiet
- Long Battery Life, Short Charge Time compared to other clippers.
- Power button is not in the best place
Our #1 Rated Cordless Dog Clipper for 2014
We talked to professional and stay at home groomers and the Wahl Bravura is the best cordless dog clippers among them. What makes it so great? Well, pretty much everything. There is very little vibration, noise, or excess heat. It’s very light weighing in at only 250 Grams (an iphone weighs about 130 Grams for comparison), and it’s ergonomic (feels good in your hand.)
Recently Wahl upgraded to using Lithium Batteries that lasts much longer and can withstand 90 minutes of full use. And can fully charge from a completely dead battery in about 60 minutes. They also come with a battery indicator on the front, so you can always tell if you’re running low!
Make sure when you are purchasing that you get Lithium Model! The clippers should say Lithium right on them. Older versions use NiCad batteries which die out very quickly.
If there is one complaint (and it’s not a big one) it’s that the power button is in an awkward spot, and some groomers told us when you first start using it you may accidentally turn it off while using them.
For the Do-It-Yourself Groomer
If you’re a home groomer with a few dogs to groom then this is a perfect all-in-one unit, it will have everything you need to cut and tidy with enough power to get through thick matted fur.
Great for dogs sensitive to noise or vibration, these are ideal for making sure your dog has a comfortable experience.
For Professional Dog Groomers
As a grooming professional you may have multiple clippers in your arsenal. Generally that is a Corded Clipper to do the heavy trimming, a Cordless Clipper for the finer details of a groom. This is the ideal clipper for touching up Face, Feet, and Sanitary Trims. The quick charge feature comes in handy when you need it in a pinch, and it’s low noise and vibration so it doesn’t make your dogs uncomfortable. Also it’s very well balanced and easy to hold which is especially important when you’re holding one all day!
What’s in the Box?
- 5 in 1 Blade detachable blade
- As is standard with most cordless clippers, you’ll find a lever to adjust between 5 different blade sizes from #9, #10, #15, #30, #40.
- 4 Slide–on attachment guide combs (plastic) – Sizes #3 (3mm) 1/8″ cut; #6 (6.5mm) ¼” cut; #9 (9.6mm) 3/8″ cut; #12 (12.2mm) ½” cut
- Charging stand base
- Blade oil, cleaning brush and blade guard for keeping your clipper ready to use next time
Specifications and Features
* Weight: 250 Grams / 8.8 Ounces
* Cord: 10 Feet Long
* Length: 6.5 Inches
* Warrenty: 1 Year, 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee Full Refund or Exchange
* Drive: 5,500 RPM
Check the Wahl Website for Fact sheets and more info.
Leave a Reply